So I finished this season of True Blood. If you follow me, you know that what lies under the cut is mostly complaints. If you’ve enjoyed this season or haven’t seen the end yet, please skip my post as I wouldn’t want to ruin it for anyone!
Hey it’s fucking done, great! So glad I stuck around for that - thinking they might actually make this season worth it in the last few episodes, but NOPE.
Nora flying down to kill those vamps?? HOLY FUCK AWFUL
When a show makes this much money, there’s no excuse for such a small special effect to look so fucking awful. Don’t want to put the money in it? Don’t show it!
I have so many problems with this season and this finale really brought it home for me in the supreme fuck ups department. There are some major plot holes here, but let’s just forget that very important part and let’s just bring up some little things they should have the courtesy to fucking handle better if they were going to fuck up the big things.
- So Salome is going to drink the blood and then she hears, “HEY THERE’S A BREACH” and so she fucks off to CHANGE HER CLOTHES and then drink it in another room?? Okaaaayyy
- Jason clearly has severe head trauma but Sookie is only mildly concerned. Because why worry too much when someone is thrown 100 feet into a tree branch as long as they say they’re fine. Oh and we’re going through the Jason hates fangers phase again. Let’s forget that we already did this plot line I suppose.
- Oh God that awful faery club. They just had to show it one more time for good measure I suppose.
- Really glad that Pam and Tara kissed BUT I think they would have been better off hinting at it some more and then delivering on that next season instead. Oh well, glad Tara is getting some.
- Oh hey it’s the werewolf gal Alcide boned earlier in the season. Forgot about her. Wonder why. Maybe because the writers seemingly fucking forgot about her also.
- The entire Pelt storyline was rushed. They introduced her parents and it looked like they may be taking the route of the books and then they quickly ended it. Which makes no sense because it would have made a way better storyline for this season.
- So it’s the end of the season and they did nothing with the Jason/teacher thing. What was the point? I really want a writer to tell me why that was in the show. That was fucking filler, that’s what that was.
- I’m going to stop there. I could go on, I’m really mad about how they’ve handled everything this season. I don’t know that I’ll watch next season, this was pretty bad. I’m not sure I can get over how much damage they’ve done to their own characters and the fact that I just know they’ve ruined any chances of bringing in book storylines like Quinn or the real Calvin Norris plot (which was really interesting in the books).
That’s it, no more complaints from me, I’m just glad it’s over so I can stop being disappointed in this season. I hope that they get some much needed feedback on the direction they are going in and change gears next season.